Congratulations to Faith for being named Athlete of the Month for June! Faith consistently puts in two-a-days with Cycling and Endurance/RivFit!
1. What made you decide to join the Riv?
- I wanted to try something different – had been a member of the YMCA and it just wasn’t cutting it. There’s a different feel at the Riv that really motivates me!
2. How has RIV Athletics helped you reach some of your fitness goals?
- My passion is backpacking and before I got serious at the Riv, my treks were filled with struggles – mostly physical. Since I’ve gotten into better shape, backpacking is so much more enjoyable. I went for a solo hike a month ago – that was probably the best trip of my life!!
- Favorite workouts: RivFit, Endurance, & Sprint! I know I’m improving when the 10 lbs dumbbells became too light & I needed to increase!!
- I love that I’m constantly encouraged by the coaches – to do the best that I can, to push myself further. It doesn’t matter that I’m not one of the many elite athletes at the Riv, they treat everyone with respect, encouragement, & enthusiastic support -even us beginners & novices!! I have always felt welcomed!!