Posted June 19, 2017
4 Rounds (each movement)- :30 on/:15 off
1. Alternating DB Shoulder Press
2. Tricep Dips
3. Tricep Extensions (with bar)
Bench Press: 5 sets x 5 reps *heavy*
Bent Over Reverse Grip Row (with bar): 5 sets x 5 reps *heavy*
Bent Over Dumbbell Flys: 3 sets x 10 reps
Eccentric Pull-ups (5 second hold at the top, 5 second descent): 5 sets x 5 reps
Ring L-Sit Hold: 5 sets of :30 on/:60 off
a. Straight leg, toes pointed
b. Knees to waist height
Posted June 12, 2017
500 Meter Row (sprint): 4 rounds
Rest 1 minute after each 500 M
Ring Dips (scale with box): 4 sets x 10 reps
Banded Tricep Extensions: 3 sets x 20 reps
Skull Crushers (Dumbbells): 4 sets x 10 reps
Hammer Curls (Dumbbells): 4 sets x 10 reps
Straight Bar Curls (Barbell): 4 sets x 12 reps
Heavy Farmer’s Holds (Dumbbells): :45 on/:15 off x 5 rounds
Posted June 4, 2017
Single Leg Deadlifts (DB’s): 4 sets x 10 reps
Good Mornings (w/ barbell): 4 sets x 12 reps
Calf Raises (DB’s): 3 sets x 20 reps
Strict Leg Raises: 4 sets x 10 reps (no swing, go to where you can be consistent– hip, elbows, or full range of motion)
Russian Twists (Slam Ball): 3 sets x 30 reps
Weighted V-ups (Slam Ball): 4 sets x 12 reps
Chin-ups: 4 sets x 10 reps
Hammer Curls (DB’s): 4 sets x 8 reps (heavy reps)
Chest Flys (DB’s): 4 sets x 12 reps
Posted June 1, 2017
Congratulations to Faith for being named Athlete of the Month for June! Faith consistently puts in two-a-days with Cycling and Endurance/RivFit!
1. What made you decide to join the Riv?
- I wanted to try something different – had been a member of the YMCA and it just wasn’t cutting it. There’s a different feel at the Riv that really motivates me!
2. How has RIV Athletics helped you reach some of your fitness goals?
- My passion is backpacking and before I got serious at the Riv, my treks were filled with struggles – mostly physical. Since I’ve gotten into better shape, backpacking is so much more enjoyable. I went for a solo hike a month ago – that was probably the best trip of my life!!
3. What has been your favorite workout? What have you improved on most?
- Favorite workouts: RivFit, Endurance, & Sprint! I know I’m improving when the 10 lbs dumbbells became too light & I needed to increase!!
Posted May 26, 2017
4. What is your favorite part of the Riv?
- I love that I’m constantly encouraged by the coaches – to do the best that I can, to push myself further. It doesn’t matter that I’m not one of the many elite athletes at the Riv, they treat everyone with respect, encouragement, & enthusiastic support -even us beginners & novices!! I have always felt welcomed!!
Weighted V-ups: 4 sets x 10 reps
Russian Twists w/ Plate: 4 sets x 30 reps
L- Sit Hold: 4 sets of :30 on/:30 off
Ring/Box Dips: 4 sets x 12 reps
Tricep DB Extension: 4 sets x 14 reps
Ring Rows: Tabata: 8 rounds- :20 on/:10 off
EMOTM x 15
Minute 1- :45 Squat hold
Minute 2- :45 Plank hold
Minute 3- 14 Box Jumps
Posted May 23, 2017
We are so excited to announce our charity of choice this year will be the Ronald McDonald House of Delaware! In 1991, they opened up to provide families with a safe, comfortable, affordable place to stay while their children received treatment at nearby hospitals. In the 26 years since opening, they have expanded services to include relaxing Family Rooms in 3 Delaware hospitals, a meal program that utilizes volunteer groups to prepare dinner 365 days/year, shuttle services for errands and recreation, and a ton of passes to local establishments for families to enjoy their time here as much as possible given the circumstances.
The House’s proximity to Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children keeps the 50 guest rooms occupied at high rates with families from across the United States and around the world.
· Shortest stay: 1 night
· Longest stay: 2+ years
· Families served in 2016: 2,103
· Operating cost: $72 per room per night
· Average family contribution: $4.28 per night
This is why donations and fundraisers are so important for us to be able to keep families close to their loved ones in the hospital! To donate, please see the front desk!
Posted May 18, 2017
Straight Leg Deadlifts (dumbbells): 4 sets x 14 reps
Split Squat (dumbbells): 4 sets x 16 reps (8 each leg)
Calf Raises (dumbbells): 4 sets x 20 reps
Seated Strict Press (dumbbells): 4 sets x 12 reps
Bench Press (pyramid going up in weight, down in reps/use same weight when going back up): 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 reps
Lateral Raises (dumbbells): 4 sets x 8 reps
“Strict Pull-up Work”
Ring Rows: 4 sets x 10 reps
Strict Pull-ups (scale with or without a band to make reps unbroken): 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 Reps
Bent Over Rows (dumbbells): 4 sets x 8 reps