Congratulations to Stephanie for being named Athlete of the Month for December!
1. What made you decide to join the Riv?
- I was looking for a way to get back in shape, but I found myself at gyms and not being motivated to do it on my own. I wanted to go somewhere where there were classes and people to interact with. My first trial class, although shy, already felt like I could be a part of the community. I signed up as soon as the class was over, and haven’t turned back.
2. How has the Riv helped you reach some of your fitness goals?
- The Riv holds me accountable. When I miss a day, I know it and they know it. Because I am not just one of many. That has made me work much harder than I ever have, and I can see it in my body. I have always wanted Angela Basset in What’s Love Got to Do with It arms…. I’m getting there… I’ve done so many things I never thought that I could do. It’s not just the fitness, it’s the confidence that comes with it.
3. What has been your favorite workout? What have you improved on most?
- My favorite workout….Hmmmm…It had to be one of the Ladder Partner WODs, those are my favorites. I love Partner WODs in general. Fridays are my favorite. I think my endurance has improved the most. The first few weeks of my workouts, I didn’t finish… and now I’m excelling and it gives me a new energy because I know that I can finish. I know I can do it.
4. What is your favorite part of the Riv?
- The people. Most gyms have coaches, but not my coaches. This community is the best. They are fun and encouraging. It’s not just about the workout, but they get to know who you are.